SH Freestyle Martial Arts is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well being of all its members. The club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with any of the clubs level 1 instructors
Discipline and rules are important and must be followed for the sake of your safety and the safety of others.
* Never attempt any technique until you have been shown by an Instructor.
* Cadets never be late for the lessons. (Adults may warm themselves if late due to work etc..)
* Never sit on, swing from or abuse the punching / kick equipment.
* Never use bad language in the club or shout / scream in the club
* Never eat or chew during the lesson as this could be a choking hazard.
* Always wear your uniform / Gi unless given permission to do otherwise.
* Jewellery must be removed in the interest of safety.
* Do not talk during the warm up section because you may miss valuable instructions.
* Never talk whilst an Instructor is talking for the same reason as above
* Never show deliberate aggression towards anybody in the club.
* Never argue with, be disrespectful towards or contradict an Instructor, Assistant Instructor or Cadet Leader.
* Always show respect to anyone who holds ANY grade higher than you do.
* The parents, guardian / family member of Children under the age of 6 must remain in the club at all times. In the event that this is not possible the Child must never be left alone at the club.
* SPARRING: No sparring shall take place without full protective equipment being worn as in 10oz gloves, shin pads, foot protectors, groin guard (male), gum shield and head guard (under 18s).
CODES OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS/CARERS
* Encourage your child to learn the rules and train with them at home.
* Discourage unfair play and arguing with Instructors / Referees.
* Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
* Never force your child to take part in Martial Arts unless he/she chooses to do so.
* Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all.
* Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
* Publicly accept Instructors judgements.
* Support your child's involvement and help them to enjoy their Martial Art.
* Use correct and proper language at all times.
* Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR CLUB INSTRUCTORS AND VOLUNTEERS
The essence of good ethical conduct and practice is summarised below.
All Instructors and Volunteers must:
* Consider the well being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
* Develop an appropriate working relationship with participants, based on mutual trust and respect.
* Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part in line with the Martial Arts Instructor UK training programme.
* Promote the positive aspects of the Martial Arts (e.g. fair play).
* Display consistently high standards of behavior and appearance.
* Follow all guidelines laid down by the SH Freestyle Martial Arts and the C.M.A.A.
* Hold appropriate valid qualifications and insurance cover.
* Never exert undue influence over participants to obtain personal benefit or reward.
* Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances.
* Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results.
* Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behavior.